Last updated May 24, 2018.
Capiro recognises the importance of your privacy. We are concerned to protect all personal data that we obtain from you in the course of operating our business.
We may update this policy as necessary, e.g.
- To comply with changes in the law.
- To reflect changes in the services and products that we offer.
- If we start to collect any personal data other than that described in this policy.
- If we store data in other locations to those described in this policy.
- If we start to process the data differently to what is described in this policy.
Capiro Ltd. is registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
Information about the data we collect
When do we collect personal data?
We normally collect personal data about you in the following circumstances.
- When you subscribe to be kept informed about events, changes and additions to our range of products and services.
- When you purchase a product or service from us.
- When you email us or send us a contact form.
What data do we collect?
We always seek to request the minimum data necessary to communicate with you, but typically request the following.
- Your email address.
- Normally optionally, your first name and/or your family name.
- To submit a contact form to us, you will need to provide your email address, first name and family name. This allows us to address you in a polite and respectful manner.
- When completing a contact form, you may optionally add your company name and a phone number.
If you subscribe to receive regular information from us, you are recognised on our system as a ‘subscriber’. Subscribers are asked only for an email address.
If you purchase on online product from us, e.g. a training course, you are recognised on our system as a ‘member’. Members are asked to supply an email address. Members may also be asked for a first name and a family name.
You may cancel your subscriptions or memberships at any time, either by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ at the footer of emails we send your or by notifying us, e.g. by sending us a contact form. We will always confirm receipt of such communications from you.
What do we use your data for?
We use the personal data you share with us to:
- Provide the products or services that you request.
- Provide help and guidance whilst you are using that product or service.
- Answer your questions and communicate with you about your member account or transactions with us.
Where is your data stored?
Our web site is hosted by the company, Rainmaker Data Services (RMDS), which is based in the United States of America.
Therefore, when you submit data to us, e.g. by completing and submitting a form on our web site, you are transferring this data into the USA and in using our services you consent to such transfer.
How long do we retain your data?
Normally we retain your data until we receive a request from you to do one of the following:
- Unsubscribe from a mailing list.
- Cancel a membership.
We will periodically review our list of subscribers and members. If your membership appears to be inactive, we may contact you to see if you still want your information to be held by us. If you do not, we will delete it.
We would normally retain information that you communicate to us by email or by submitting a contact form for only as long as it is useful to dealing with the matter that you raise. We may retain specific information if it will help us to provide a better and more personalised service to you.
Who do we share your information with?
The information we collect about you is not shared with or sold to any other organisation.
Online payments for our products and services are made exclusively by you via PayPal. We do not see or hold any personal, financial or other information related to a payment. All such transactions are therefore strictly between you and PayPal.
We use Google Analytics to help us analyse our web traffic.
Your right to see what data we store about you.
If you are a subscriber, the only information that we hold is your email address and possibly your first name and/or your family name.
If you are a member, you may view and update your profile at any time.
Cancelling your subscriptions or orders
You can cancel your subscription or membership at any time.