What is a business data architecture?
A business data architecture comprises definitions and models of an organisation’s concepts and data using the language of the business.
It forms a picture of the business in terms of the data. It helps us understand the fundamental concepts on which the whole business is based.
Advantages of a business data architecture
Because the essential concepts of the business are long lasting, a business data architecture provides an enduring view of the business.
This stable base supports business agility by separating those aspects that change frequently. Such changes can be made more easily, whilst retaining confidence in the quality and integrity of the overall system.
Potential extensions and changes to this data and their inter-relationships can be discussed at a business level. Following such discussions, the implications for IT, the organisation’s data bases and the technical architectures can be determined.
Such a business oriented approach supports business agility, the ability to rapidly but safely make adjustments in response to a changing business environment.
How Capiro can help you establish a business data architecture
Capiro business analysts and data architects can you assist you with the following services:
- Train, coach and mentor your data analysts and architects
- Supply tailored standards, procedures and guidelines for data modelling, analysis and design
- Supply data analysts and architects to participate in or lead your data modelling, analysis and design projects
- Review existing business data models and business data architectures
- Audit your current standards and processes for business data architecture
- Advise on and introduce appropriate tools to support business data architecture
- Identify and confirm business rules from the data models
- Integrate business process and business data architectures
To learn more about what one of our business analyst consultants can do can work with you to develop a business data architecture to exploit your business information for strategic advantage, please contact us .