What is business architecture?
A business architecture reflects the business operating model. It is, among other things, a framework for managing business change.
It can be mapped to technical architectures to assess possible technical responses to proposed business changes.
Similarly, opportunities from advances in technology can be mapped to the business architecture to assess impacts and business opportunities, strategic or opportunistic.
Elements of a business architecture.
There are many elements. Whilst we stress the importance of ensuring that business strategic objectives are a driving force for developing a business architecture, we suggest starting with the following:
- Mastering business processes. Read more ….
- Mastering business information and data. Read more ….
- Mastering business rules. Read more ….
Success in these areas can demonstrate your capabilities and increase your credibility.
Capiro’s support for business architecture
Capiro’s business analysis consulting practice can help you to develop a business architecture.
Our iterative and incremental approach focusses on the progressive development of a business architecture that supports the realisation of strategic business objectives and capabilities.
Pragmatic and practical business architects and business analysts can will assist you with:
- Developing a business architecture
- Creating effective links with your strategy and business change functions
- Developing effective interfaces between your Business Architecture function and your Business Analysis team
- Managing the ‘twin peaks’ of Business Architecture and Requirements
- Reviewing your existing architectures and business model to ensure integration of business and IT strategies
You don’t have to do it all at one go; we can:
- Take an agile approach to business architecture
- Grow effective stakeholder relationships
- Develop the architecture on a project by project basis
- Create a business analysis centre of excellence to incorporate a business architecture
To learn more about how our business analyst consultants can help you develop a business architecture, please contact us.